With the absence of organized league play for the 2020 season, the Firehawks Lacrosse Club is offering a series of Clinics
When: Beginning July 20th
Location: Hayes Field, West Football Field
(Parking available at Westview Elementary, 225 Garden View Dr, Apple Valley, MN 55124)
These clinics will be played completely in-house, with no anticipated travel for games or other off-site events, and will be run by coaches from various Firehawks teams. Clinics will focus on skill development…and fun!
Clinic dates will be: Mondays and Wednesdays, beginning July 20th 6:30-7:30 for U8/U10, and 7:30-8:30 for U12/U14
Participants (including parents/guardians) / Coaches will adhere to the following:
- Participants will use only their equipment (sticks, gloves, etc.), with the exception of possible use of club goalie equipment. Any goalie equipment that is used will be sanitized between each use. Equipment may not be swapped from one participant to another.
- Any outside food items (gum, orange slices, etc.) will be prohibited.
- Pods of players will be age based. All players must pre-register to participate. A waiver will be required the first time a player participates. This waiver must be presented at the first practice in order to participate.
- Coaches will be trained by reading the policies and affirming they have read them. The Firehawks LAX Board will clarify any questions.
- Coaches will clean balls and other club equipment after every practice.
- Parents will be required to stay in their vehicles, or, encouraged to drop off their players. If conditions change with regard to this, we will expressly communicate that. Parking is available at the Westview Elementary School parking lot
- Players will be instructed to keep their bags more than 6’ apart. Player’s water bottles must be kept in their bag. Players will be instructed to use their sticks to keep at least 6’ apart during drills.
- Practices will not include face offs. Practices will focus on non-contact skills and plays. Players will not handle balls with their hands. Lacrosse gloves shall be worn at all times.
- A Firehawks board member, or affiliate, will be present (at a distance) to ensure that the required guidelines are being met
- If any participant is exhibiting symptoms of the COVID-19 virus, they will be asked to leave the practice immediately. If a parent/guardian is not immediately available, a coach will contact that person and remain with player until they are picked up.