New for 2020 – All NEW 8U and 10U players will have a helmet, shoulder pads and a stick provided by the Firehawks Organization. All other equipment below is still the responsibility of the player and their family.
- Lacrosse Stick
- Helmet (NOC SAE) Lacrosse ONLY (No hockey helmets for league play)
- Shoulder/Chest Pads
- Colored Mouth Guard
- Elbow Pads
- Athletic Cup
- Lacrosse socks (knee or mid-shin height with thick knit tops)
If you have a financial need please contact us for information on borrowing organization equipment. We do not want financial barriers to prevent any child from enjoying the sport of Lacrosse.
- Game & practice balls
- Goalie equipment
- Fields via local parks and schools
- Game officials
- EMTs (12U/14U Games)
- Uniforms (Jersey, Shirt & Shorts)
- Lacrosse Jersey – a reversible tank-type shirt.
- Lacrosse Shorts – These shorts are elastic waist above the knee shorts.
- Shooter Shirt – A short sleeved tee which extends below the jersey.
Lacrosse is a very active sport and there is some incidental contact, however checking is not allowed in Youth Lacrosse. Lacrosse players are allowed to make contact with another player’s stick but not with the players themselves.
All and head and neck contact is an automatic foul. 12U and 14U games are more physical than the younger groups. Because of the additional physical contact, EMTs are provided for all 12U and 14U games.
For additional safety information please visit the US Lacrosse website.
A document depicting official hand signals used in Youth Lacrosse can be found here.